Quito

Es un blog para describir las acciones que hacen los voluntarios de Ecotrackers en Quito por la defensa de la biodiversidad y la diversidad cultural, por el turismo comunitario inteligente o sencible y los trabajos de tesis, investigación o práctica profesional. (This blog to record the experiences of the volunteers in Quito with regards to the defense of biodiversity and cultural diversity, by means of intelligent community tourism and thesis work, research, or internships.)

Monday, June 18, 2007

Week 3

June 18, 2007

Margaret Novak

Last week was my third week with Ecotrackers. I started out the week translating documents into English and uploading the finished products onto Wikipedia. In the middle of the week, the two kids from England that volunteered in the Shuar community of Kuamar came back to tell me about their experience. They uploaded all of their photos onto the computer and I started to create a new Kuamar page for the web-blog with their photos. At the end of the week, however, I got really sick. I came down with a horrible fever and went home early on Thursday and stayed home on Friday. Luckily, my mom and my sister are visiting, so my mom was able to take care of me. I just came back into work today, and everyone is rushing to get the signatures from Esmeraldas into the computer system so that all of their hard work to change the law will not go to waste. I hope we can get everything done in time!!